TEAM Kaizen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

straight pipes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SAGE909
TEAM Kaizen
TEAM Kaizen
SAGE909

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-08-22

straight pipes Empty
PostSubject: straight pipes   straight pipes Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:55 am

ok i havent been up here in a while ive been working alot, but i was wondering about putting straight pipes on my car and i dont know if thatll make it louder and faster. if it does i know it wont be alot but every lil bit helps. i already have flowmasters on my car. but like i said i wanted to take them off. you think itll be a good idea or a bad one?? lemme know which would be better for my car.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcos28
Shooky Monster
TEAM Kaizen
TEAM Kaizen
Shooky Monster

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-07-23

straight pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: straight pipes   straight pipes Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:51 am

I think it would be a bad idea. well on a newer car n e ways. Plus you have to be pushin some serious HP in order for it to make a difference in performance.

You still need to have your cat or you could get in serious trouble. if you want a louder exaust take off your resonators and looking into Cherry bombs.

but if you have your heart set on straight pipes, look into electric exhaust cut outs. it splits your exhaust to go to your mufflers and with the flip of a switch you can go straight header.

that's what i plan on doing with my Dart
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shooky_monster
amskater
TEAM Kaizen
TEAM Kaizen
amskater

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-05-10

straight pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: straight pipes   straight pipes Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:08 pm

Id say get a high flow cat. straight pipe would be too loud and with N/A cars you need some back presure and it you delete the cat you could lose some performance
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dougdesautels
Shooky Monster
TEAM Kaizen
TEAM Kaizen
Shooky Monster

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-07-23

straight pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: straight pipes   straight pipes Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:05 am

exhaust cut outs

straight pipes Exhaus13
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shooky_monster
Slideways
TEAM Kaizen
TEAM Kaizen
Slideways

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-08-11

straight pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: straight pipes   straight pipes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 5:58 pm

dont do a straight pipe, your not anywhere near the high enough cojmpresion ratio for it to help or sound good for that matter, pluss mufflers dont hurt that much, esp with your V6 )thats not a dis, im just sayin, theres not enough motor there to compensate
Back to top Go down

straight pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: straight pipes   straight pipes Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 10:28 am

I am going to have to agree with slideways...straight piping anything smaller than a V8 is pointless, that is unless the overall power output allows for back pressure play
Back to top Go down
Slideways
TEAM Kaizen
TEAM Kaizen
Slideways

straight pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: straight pipes   straight pipes Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 10:59 am

true true, i know that the easier it is for a motor to breath the more horsepoer you get, but breath to easy out the exhaust and you lose torque, go even further and you lose power and efficency, (which helps with power)
Back to top Go down
Kage Oni
TEAM Kaizen
TEAM Kaizen
Kage Oni

Number of posts : 962
Registration date : 2008-05-09

straight pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: straight pipes   straight pipes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:10 am

Well..If you have motor work and a turbo (or a supercharger), DUAL straight pipe will be in order. Honestly, if you were to straight pipe your system as of now, all its gonna do is be loud and possibly lose some power. Unless you keep the same diameter piping or maybe a quarter smaller then you can do it. But honestly, its really not all that great and worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kage__oni
Slideways
TEAM Kaizen
TEAM Kaizen
Slideways

straight pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: straight pipes   straight pipes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:40 am

you wouldn't possibly loose power, you would loose power if you did straight pipe, unless you maed it really small, like 1 1/2 inch or something, at that point its just not worth it.
Back to top Go down

straight pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: straight pipes   straight pipes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:24 am

agreed power loss is not a possibility but a for sure, because there is no back pressure to support the over all flow of exhaust, and like slideways said if u were to go smaller on piping it wouldnt be worth it...just waste of money and supply
Back to top Go down
Slideways
TEAM Kaizen
TEAM Kaizen
Slideways

straight pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: straight pipes   straight pipes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 2:34 pm

yup yup, iv seen the effect of not enough back pressure (on a low power car). it makes it sound like crap and run even worse.
Back to top Go down

straight pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: straight pipes   straight pipes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 9:40 pm

yup yup yup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

straight pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: straight pipes   straight pipes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

straight pipes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TEAM Kaizen :: TEAM Kaizen GENERAL :: American/Domestic Cars :: Genral Chat-
Jump to: